06/15/2026
On this we unveiled a new historical marker on the Mount Dora Clinic building located at 334 N. Donnelly Street, currently the Marketplace building.
“Doctors S.C. Colley and A.E. Morse opened the Mount Dora Clinic in 1950 in this modern post World War Il style building. This era, along with this medical practice, marked a significant step in the delivery of healthcare. Doctors began to center their practices in dedicated clinics that included a reception area, waiting room and exam rooms. In 1953 Fred A. Vincenti, M.D. joined the clinic and specialized in surgery and proctology. The last generation of doctors to practice medicine in this building were Frederick Andrews, M.D. and Robert Crow, M.D. The Mount Dora Clinic closed its doors in 1995.”
Present for the reveal of the marker is: Leonard & Laura Vincenti, Joni Vincenti Dake, Lisa Dake Swatkowski, Brad Swatkowski, Rick & Mary Dake and Taylor Dake. David & Sharon Crow, Lisa & Mike Cox, David & Nanette Andrews, Historical Society Board Members Janet Westlake, Cathy Lunday, Carolyn Green, Susan Myers, City Archivist Erin Creel and Misty Sommer, Director of Economic Development.
The Mount Dora Archives (www.MountDoraArchives.com) is a joint effort of the Mount Dora Historical Society, The Mount Dora Library Association and the City of Mount Dora. For more photos and history of Mount Dora, visit the www.MountDoraArchives.com.