The Lipnice Bible is a Latin manuscript that was begun in Prague but finished in Lipnice Castle by the scribe Matthias of Raudnitz in May 1421.
Now 600 years later, this important manuscript, part of the collections of Museum of the Bible, has returned home to the castle for a special exhibition, “The Story of the Lipnice Bible.”
Read the full story in our “Museum of the Bible Magazine”: https://fal.cn/3gOuR.
From 1419 to 1439, religious wars between Catholics and Hussites ravaged the countryside of Bohemia, a region now in the Czech Republic. As so often happens, warfare displaced populations as people sought safety in the midst of chaos. Among those displaced was a master scribe, the Catholic Augustini...