Not far from the PA Grand Canyon, there is a sign marking the former site of the Civilian Conservation Corps Camp S-92 in the town of Asaph. This camp was opened in June 1933 and closed in October 1935. Enrollees worked on roads, trails, parks, and tree planting. Sadly, on Christmas Day in 1934, the orderly room, hospital, a barrack, and a supply room caught on fire. This in combination with a private property dispute was the catalyst for the camp to transfer four miles south to Darling Run. Check our news feed for recently posted pictures of the dismantling and transfer! The new camp became known as the Darling Run Camp S-155. See the site of Camp S-155 by walking a half mile, south, on the Pine Creek Rail Trail from the Darling Run access point.