Taylors Falls Historical Society

Taylors Falls Historical Society Consider joining the Taylors Falls Historical Society. For membership information, call 651-329-0985 today.
(4)

Visit the Historic 1855 Folsom House and the 1852 Town House School while you're in Taylors Falls! Open Memorial Day Weekend through September, Fridays-Sundays, and holidays from 1pm to 4:30pm. General Information: Adults $5.00, 6-17 yrs $1.00. Children under 6 get in free. Members of the Minnesota Historical Society and the Taylors Falls Historical Society get in free. Pre-arranged group tours (10 or more guests) available at other times." Owned by the Minnesota Historical Society and operated by the Taylors Falls Historical Society. Also, stop in to see the Visitor Center which is located just down the hill from the Folsom House in the lower level of the community center (the old train depot - 312 Government Street, Taylors Falls, MN 55084). The Visitor Center is open Saturday, Sunday and Holidays from 1:00 to 4:00 P.M. No entrance fee. Lower level of the Taylors Falls Memorial Community Center.

Miss Hazel V. Thoen – circa 1900 photograph by S. C. Sargent – later, as a 28-year-old married woman, Hazel was a Spanis...
03/22/2020

Miss Hazel V. Thoen – circa 1900 photograph by S. C. Sargent – later, as a 28-year-old married woman, Hazel was a Spanish flu victim in 1918 – Taylors Falls' first of two victims.

Hazel Veneta Thoen was born in Taylors Falls on January 19, 1890. She was the second child of Hans Thoen, a Norwegian immigrant, and his first wife, the former Miss Nannie Lagerwall, a Swedish immigrant. Hans Thoen operated a general mercantile store in Taylors Falls for many years (his last/1903 store building has in recent times housed Schoony's Malt Shop & Pizzeria). Hazel had an older sister she never knew, Gladys "Nina" Thoen, who died at about one year in 1887.

Hazel obtained most of her public education in Taylors Falls but graduated from the Central High School in St. Paul. She attended the University of Minnesota for four years and became a teacher and then taught school in Taylors Falls for two years. In June 1917, she married the Reverend William F. Hood, Jr. (an Episcopalian minister) of Barron Co., Wis. In 1918 (in World War I), Lieut. Wm. Hood was serving as a chaplain with the American Expeditionary Forces in France.

On October 21, 1918, at age 28, Hazel died at her widowed father's home on River Street (now 637 River St.) in Taylors Falls. She was a victim of the Spanish Influenza epidemic of that era. She succumbed to a heart attack, following a severe bout of pneumonia brought on by the flu. Hazel was still without child, and at the time of her passing she was serving as the president of the Taylors Falls Library Association, as well as secretary of the Taylors Falls Branch of the Chisago County Chapter of the American Red Cross. The Rev. Hood never remarried and resided for many years in Door Co., Wis., which is where he died in 1952.

Hazel was the first of only two Taylors Falls residents to die as a result of the World War I-era Spanish flu. The other local victim was 32-year-old Mrs. Carl Edward (Anna) Pearson (the former Miss Anna Christina Nelson) who died on December 10, 1918. Anna was survived by her husband and three young children: Russell, Kenneth and Verna (Verna became the first wife of Alton Berg).

One other Spanish flu victim known to be closely associated with Taylors Falls was Herman A. Williams who died at age 28 about a month before Hazel. Herman, who had been serving in the U.S. Army in Europe, died in a hospital in England on September 28, 1918. Herman was still single, but like Hazel was born in 1890 and died of the same factors. Herman was raised just west of Taylors Falls and attended school in Taylors Falls. His remains were returned to Taylors Falls for burial. – Jack P. Liljenberg

Hazel's obituary said, in part, "Hazel was of reserved disposition and made few close friends but those who had her friendship and confidence were loyal to her and she held these friendships thru the years. . . ."

Taylors Falls Historical Society
03/08/2020

Taylors Falls Historical Society

03/08/2020

The new cover photo is downtown Taylors Falls pre-1970.

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo
03/08/2020

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo

01/19/2020

The photo in the circle is grade school children returning from a trip to the downtown library. Along the way they stop to see a moose that was brought through town. Photo compliments of Clayton Rivard.

Taylors Falls Historical Society
01/19/2020

Taylors Falls Historical Society

01/19/2020

New cover photo: downtown Taylors Falls in the fall of 1939. Photo compliments of Annie Lindgren.

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo
01/19/2020

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo

Charles "Charlie" Lutz (one of the Taylors Falls constables) directing parking in the upper Interstate State Park's park...
01/18/2020

Charles "Charlie" Lutz (one of the Taylors Falls constables) directing parking in the upper Interstate State Park's parking lot about 1925. This view looks northeast and visible in the extreme left is a portion of the still-existing 1920-21 "Women's Rest Room" near the park's entrance. -- jpl

Minnesota celebrated its statehood centennial in 1958.  In preparation for that centennial, "the powers that were" sugge...
01/15/2020

Minnesota celebrated its statehood centennial in 1958. In preparation for that centennial, "the powers that were" suggested that every community in Minnesota plan on celebrating the centennial. Heeding that "directive," Taylors Falls created Wannigan Days, which was first celebrated that year, 1958. Wannigan Days subsequently became an annual event, and in 1962 neighboring Saint Croix Falls, Wis. became a sponsoring partner in the annual event.

Pictured in the attached item are Richard "Dick" Graff who had a jewelry store and watch/clock repair business and C. E. "Eddie" Gustafson who had an insurance agency – and who was mayor during the years of 1958 through 1961. – jpl

Frank L. “Gabe” GibbsDecember 31, 1871 – October 25, 1918Frank L. “Gabe” Gibbs was one of the Taylors Falls men who join...
01/02/2020

Frank L. “Gabe” Gibbs
December 31, 1871 – October 25, 1918

Frank L. “Gabe” Gibbs was one of the Taylors Falls men who joined the Alaskan Gold Rush of 1898. Remaining in Alaska thereafter, he was employed for twenty years as a government mining engineer with the Pacific Coast and River Service. Gabe, a bachelor, had just embarked upon a vacation to Taylors Falls when, on Friday, October 25, 1918, the ship upon which he was sailing, the SS Princess Sophia, sank in the stormy waters of the Lynn Canal about sixty-five miles south of Skagway, Alaska. All 379 passengers and crew drown, making the SS Princess Sophia tragedy that region's worst maritime disaster. One account says only 343 were aboard. Gabe's body was one of the few recovered, allowing his remains to be returned to his hometown for burial in the Gibbs family block in Kahbakong Cemetery.

Gabe was the first-born of the four children of Francis S. “Frank” Gibbs and his wife, the former Miss Mary A. Kelly. Gabe's father, a Civil War veteran, was a locomotive engineer who often worked on the local railroad line. The four Gibbs children were: Frank L. “Gabe”; Burton W. “Bert”; Helen Rachel “Nellie” (Mrs. Ernest Murdock Child of Kalispel, Montana); and Edward H. None of the Gibbs sons married, and there were no grandchildren. The Gibbs family owned and occupied the 1854 Walter and Ruth (Ayers) Carrier house at what is now addressed as 549 River Street. The 1854 Carrier-Gibbs house, what little may remain of that one-and-a-half-story Greek-Revival house, is buried within the south part of the greatly expanded building that has in recent decades been known as the Pines Apartments. -- jpl

Frank Gibbs (left) and one of his brothers, Bert Gibbs, in 1887 – two of the many members of the Taylors Falls Toboggan ...
01/01/2020

Frank Gibbs (left) and one of his brothers, Bert Gibbs, in 1887 – two of the many members of the Taylors Falls Toboggan Club. Their club uniforms, which were made out of wool blankets, were gray with red stripes and trimmings. Photograph by S. C. Sargent. – jpl

Bench Street . . . looking south . . . about 1920.  Reportedly, the boys in the foreground are Wm. Carson Strand (left) ...
12/14/2019

Bench Street . . . looking south . . . about 1920. Reportedly, the boys in the foreground are Wm. Carson Strand (left) and Robert Wm. Gleason (but the names might be reversed?). -- jpl

In this October 1910 photo of some of the students of the School District #19 "Jericho" school in Chisago County's Shafe...
11/30/2019

In this October 1910 photo of some of the students of the School District #19 "Jericho" school in Chisago County's Shafer Township, the teacher, Byron A. Falk, is standing at the left end of the second row. There were 31 students attending that school at that time, with 18 of them pictured here.

Those pictured are:
Front row (left to right) – Hazel Smith, Stanley Nelson, Myrtle Nelson, Ethel Monson, Earl Monson, Clarence Johnson, Jennie Erickson and Christine Lundgren.
Second row – Byron Falk (teacher), Clarence Monson, Rudolph Johnson, George (Dewey) Nelson, Henry Jacobson and Leonard Johnson.
Back row – Rose Nelson, Edith Jacobson, Edith Anderson, Lillian Johnson and Myrtle Blomquist.

Those not pictured were: Ellen Nyquist, Oscar Nyquist, Herman Carlson, Raymond Carlson, Oscar Lundgren, Violet Beebe, Lillian Peterson, Paul Carlson, Reynold Peterson, Clarence Lundgren, Inar Nyquist, Hazel Blomquist and Elmer Carlson.

The identifications were made by Mrs. John Wesley Aker, the former Miss Hazel V. Blomquist (1904–1986; one of the students not pictured). – jpl

11/25/2019

A friend of the historical society is hosting an ALL NIGHT of 70s music on Dec. 31, 2019. Starting at 8pm at the Taylors Falls Community Center (old train depot). FREE event, but you must have a ticket. Complimentary beer and wine, too! For more information and to secure a ticket, contact [email protected]. Proceeds go to maintenance of the historical society's Townhouse School's roof and bell tower. Bring your dancing shoes!

Two of the ten ALM siblings in the late 1940s in what is now the Angel Hill neighborhood:(on left) Mabel – Mrs. Charles ...
11/20/2019

Two of the ten ALM siblings in the late 1940s in what is now the Angel Hill neighborhood:
(on left) Mabel – Mrs. Charles J. Jacobson
and Alice – Mrs. P. August Peterson.
Mabel and Alice and their eight siblings were children of Nels and Christine (Oberg) Alm.
They are standing in front of Alice and August's home, which was the 1896 John Moody house that burned (via arson) in 2008. – jpl

1897 C. P. Moberg house – 1910 photograph.This 1897 house that was built for widower Carl Peter Moberg still stands, tho...
11/16/2019

1897 C. P. Moberg house – 1910 photograph.

This 1897 house that was built for widower Carl Peter Moberg still stands, though much altered, on the west side of Taylors Falls and north of Co. Rd. 37/First Street. The Moberg house, owned many years by the Rieke family, is on Rieke Road so is addressed as 520 Rieke Road.

This photo is a 2006 scan of an original print owned by Carol Lynn (Moberg) Lyttle (Mrs. Donald Lyttle) who is a granddaughter of Carl Peter and a daughter of Evert Moberg.

The photo shows the front/south elevation of the 1897 house and illustrates the original "gingerbread" porches and multi-color color scheme that have disappeared. The original paint colors are unknown. Note that the trim around the front door and pair of windows within the front porch is lighter than the body, which indicates the body color was not white.

Carl Peter's wife, Carolina, and the youngest of their 12 children, infant son Enoch, both died in 1896, the year prior to when this house was built. A daughter had also passed, Maria (1878-1880).

Carl Peter (Petersson) Moberg (1840-1924), with a beard, is seated at front-center. Seated to the left of Carl Peter is the Reverend Carl J. Edman who then was the pastor of the local Lutheran church. Standing directly behind the Rev. Edman is his wife, Ada (wearing a light-colored blouse and a dark-colored skirt).

Standing to the left of the Edmans is Carl Peter's son, Albert Moberg, and Albert's wife, Anna, and (at that time, 1910) Albert and Anna's three surviving children: Carl (standing in front of Anna), Ruth (being held by Anna), and Hilding (being held by Albert). This was Albert and Anna's second Hilding (Hilding Torgny, 1909-1911). Their first Hilding was Hilding Waldo (1906-1909). Albert and Anna later had four more children: (twins) Thoreld and Thorsten, E. Holger, and Margaret.

Behind and to the right of Carl Peter are his other nine surviving children. The image is not quite sharp enough to definitely discern who is who, but in that group are: Sven Peter, August, Gustaf, Ernest, J. Henry, "Mamie" (later Mrs. Charles A. Berg), Alfred, Edith and Evert. Evert is sitting to the right of Carl Peter.

– Jack P. Liljenberg

This is a 1926 snapshot of some of the Taylors Falls Boy Scouts that was taken during a camping trip to the riverbank ju...
11/14/2019

This is a 1926 snapshot of some of the Taylors Falls Boy Scouts that was taken during a camping trip to the riverbank just below Franconia. This snap was taken by A. W. Munson, who was then serving as the Taylors Falls scoutmaster. Mr. Munson was also then serving as the superintendent of the Taylors Falls Public School.

Front row, left to right: Kenneth Ekdahl, Charles Bryant, Fritz Peterson, Thoreld Moberg, Raymond Peterson, Thorsten Moberg – and next to Thorsten in the extreme lower right corner and is the Moberg twins' dog, Sport. (Thoreld and Thorsten were the Moberg twins, then 13 years old)

Middle row, left to right: Chester Holmquist, Ralph Merrill, Chester Ekdahl, Carson Strand, Curtis Johnson and Tony Peterson.

Back row, left to right: William Hobbs, Earl Rivard, Vernon "Bandy" Enwald, Leland "Bud" Tangen, Forrest "Possy" Enwald, Harry Ekdahl (assistant Taylors Falls scoutmaster and then 18), Elmer Peterson and Eldridge Berg.

All three of my mother's brothers, Harry, Chester and Kenneth Ekdahl, are in this snap. – Jack P. Liljenberg

Undated photo of the Jericho School behind the children in the photo, upper left. Possibly Jack Liljenberg can weigh in ...
11/12/2019

Undated photo of the Jericho School behind the children in the photo, upper left. Possibly Jack Liljenberg can weigh in with a correct date.

11/12/2019

The small picture is students in front of the Jericho School. The large photo is the food stand that used to stand just inside the entrance to the Interstate State Park.

Taylors Falls Historical Society
11/12/2019

Taylors Falls Historical Society

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo
11/12/2019

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo

Here is little Miss Ethel May Fredeen of Taylors Falls and her dog, Spot, in 1884.  Ethel (5/4/1883–8/2/1966) was the fi...
11/12/2019

Here is little Miss Ethel May Fredeen of Taylors Falls and her dog, Spot, in 1884. Ethel (5/4/1883–8/2/1966) was the first of three children born to Andrew Edward "Ed" Fredeen and his wife, Ella Augusta (Sőderlind) Fredeen. In 1906 Ethel married George Ebel and subsequently had two daughters, Doris and June. – jpl

From the Internet . . . notes dated 1859 from the Chisago County Bank in Taylors Falls.  Levi W. Folsom of Taylors Falls...
11/09/2019

From the Internet . . . notes dated 1859 from the Chisago County Bank in Taylors Falls. Levi W. Folsom of Taylors Falls (one of W.H.C. Folsom's first-cousins) was the president of this Chisago County Bank, which existed from September 1858 to July 1859.

11/06/2019

The Taylors Falls Historical Society is hosting a program on Thursday, Nov. 7 in the TF Memorial Community Center (old train depot). Program begins at 7 pm, but visitors are welcome to come at 6:30 for coffee and treats (which will also be served after the program). Annual business meeting precedes program. Program features Kevin Iverson of Nat'l Park Service talking about the Kensington Runestone - which has a Taylors Falls connection! Free admission.

09/30/2019

This little photo is the 1958 Wannigan Queen, Lula Mae Anderson.

Taylors Falls Historical Society
09/30/2019

Taylors Falls Historical Society

09/30/2019

The new cover photo is of the Ladies Aide Society of First Evangelical Lutheran Church, taken in 1906.

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo
09/30/2019

Taylors Falls Historical Society's cover photo

The 2019 fall issue of "Life & Times in Taylors Falls" has been delivered. Will be in tomorrow's mail. Includes a short ...
09/30/2019

The 2019 fall issue of "Life & Times in Taylors Falls" has been delivered. Will be in tomorrow's mail. Includes a short article on Chillicoot Pass. Do you remember where that is? Also a compilation of short stories about Mr. Moberg.

This photo is shared from an August 17, 2019 post by Janice Krueger on the Facebook group "Old Chisago County Minnesota....
08/20/2019

This photo is shared from an August 17, 2019 post by Janice Krueger on the Facebook group "Old Chisago County Minnesota." It is a late 1930's snapshot showing Elizabeth C. "Bessie" (Thaxter) Reynolds (1868-1951) and her husband, George L. "Shad" Reynolds (1873-1961), in front of their home, which was built in 1855 for Bessie's maternal grandfather, William Comer. William Comer (1812-1897), with his wife and children, left Cheshire County, England in 1846. The 1855 William Comer house still stands at what is now addressed as 813 River Street, Taylors Falls. Presently, the house is home of the Arron and Elizabeth Valleen family, and it has a full-width front porch that was added in 2006. The bay window is not original (probably added about 1900 or 1910). – Jack P. Liljenberg

Unknown photographic subjects who probably were related to Taylors Falls residents of the 1860s (click on the images for...
08/04/2019

Unknown photographic subjects who probably were related to Taylors Falls residents of the 1860s (click on the images for more detail). -- jpl

1961 – prior to the 4th annual Taylors Falls Wannigan Days celebration of June 30, July 1 and 2.Some people should still...
07/21/2019

1961 – prior to the 4th annual Taylors Falls Wannigan Days celebration of June 30, July 1 and 2.

Some people should still recall the giant, Taylors Falls queen contest "thermometer" used for some of the early Wannigan Days celebrations. In 1961, it stood on the northwest corner of Bench and First Streets, where now stands the two-story, 1973 portion of the Chisago House Restaurant.

In this photograph published in the St. Croix Valley PEACH, Henry Schwegman is in the extreme lower left corner and George Laier is standing on a stool beside him.

Voters cast their votes for the queen candidates of their choice at Taylors Falls businesses. They paid 25¢ per vote and could vote as many times as they desired. (The money collected helped defray the expense of the queen contest.)

The 1961 candidates were: Lois Ancel, Jill Anderson, Virginia Berg, Bonnie Bjork, Barbara Greene, Joanne Halvorson, Celeste Moberg, Joan Peterson and Judy Roush.

Virginia Berg (the middle child of Roland and Phyllis Berg) was voted the 1961 Taylors Falls queen. -- jpl

In the middle background is the 1870 Peter Trump building, and in the right background is Harold Anderson's 1940 Interstate Body Shop.

Taylors Falls Cornet Band . . . circa-1897.  Only one band member is identified.  The boy at the left end of the front r...
07/04/2019

Taylors Falls Cornet Band . . . circa-1897. Only one band member is identified. The boy at the left end of the front row is Carl M. Sargent (1883-1978) who as an adult became a banker in Phoenix, Arizona. The second boy from the left in the front row is standing in front of a bass drum. -- Jack P. Liljenberg

07/03/2019

4th of July in Taylors Falls in 1861

Taylor Falls Reporter – Thursday, July 18, 1861:
“The Fourth. The fourth passed off very quietly in this place. During the morning there was a large quantity of powder burned and considerable patriotism displayed. At 10 o'clock a procession of Sabbath School children accompanied by their teachers, was formed at the School House, under the leadership of Dr. L. B. Smith, which marched to the grove near Mr. William Colby's residence, to the the step of 'Yankee Doodle' and other patriotic airs. – Just as the procession arrived at the grove, a storm arose and the crowd were compelled to flee to the large barn of Mr. Colby, which they reached in time to save themselves from a drenching shower. Here a table was quickly put up, and in a short time, under the supervision of a number of our ladies, was made to groan with the good things of the land. There were over 75 children present, and their sparkling eyes and radiant faces showed plainly that they were enjoying themselves in a highly satisfactory manner. The 'old folks', of whom there were a goodly number present, appeared also to be in exuberant spirits, and we have no doubt passed the day very pleasantly. The dinner, although prepared in a very hasty manner, both in quality and quantity was highly creditable to the ladies of our town. We should judge that two hundred people partook of it, and yet there was a plenty and to spare. The Young Men's Glee Club enlivened the occasion by singing a number of appropriate songs, and thus the day passed away.”

Comments on the above item: The 4th of July of 1861 was the first “4th” after the start of the Civil War. The “School House” referred to is what is now the 1852 Town House School, which was then on its original site on the east side of Government Street. The “grove” was a picnicking area on top of the bluff above and behind the present Romayne's Sports Bar & Grill building. The William Colby family's barn and nearby house stood on Colby Flat and a short distance north of the picnic grove. They were situated about where is now the northeast corner of the 1951 Taylors Falls Public School's south athletic field. The Colby house, built in 1846, was the first frame house built in what is now Chisago County, and the Colby barn, built about 1847, was the first frame barn built in the county. In 1861 the local newspaper was the Taylor Falls Reporter, even though that title had the town's name misspelled. – Jack P. Liljenberg

Address

272 West Government St.
Taylors Falls, MN
55084

Opening Hours

Saturday 13:00 - 17:00
Sunday 13:00 - 16:00

Alerts

Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Taylors Falls Historical Society posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.

Contact The Museum

Send a message to Taylors Falls Historical Society:

Category

Nearby museums


Other Taylors Falls museums

Show All

Comments

Will always be home no matter where I am.
Earlier Post Partially solved: On his 1 Jul 1863 Civil War Draft record, his occupation is listed as: Photographist
I have been working on the 1860 US Census for Taylors Falls and I have added Edward A Beach 30, born in New York. His occupation is listed as a Caguerian Ast or Oaguerian Ast. Searching google, I do not find a description of any kind. Any chance you might know the correct spelling of and what this occupation is? Maybe a carpenter's assistant? Listed with Edward is his wife, Mary 25 and daughter Estella 6 months old.
I placed this MNHS photo on the Old Stillwater Mn FB page and a question was asked if this building still exists. Wondering if anyone knows? Thanks in advance
I am curious if you have photos of the railroad presence at the North end of town. There was a turntable, engine house, rail yard etc. just West of the dam. Here is a photo of a locomotive on the turn table the site is now a circular pond. Any photos, maps or information is appreciated. Thanks!
First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Taylors Falls, MN. 1960. Can anyone identify the others?
First Evangelical Lutheran Church in Taylors Falls, Minnesota. 1940. I do not have a complete photo of the whole crowd. I identified the people I know in this photo. Can anyone identify the others?
Some readers should still recall the Carl "Park" and Anna Peterson concession stands on the west side of the upper parking lot in the Minnesota Interstate State Park. Carl was often referred to as "Park" Peterson in order to differentiate him from the several other Carl and Charles Petersons in Taylors Falls and nearby areas. Carl "Park" Peterson (1863-1942) was born in Denmark to Swedish parents. He came to the U.S.A. and directly to Taylors Falls in early 1881, shortly before his 18th birthday. For many years he worked in logging camps. In 1889-90, he helped build Nevers Dam, which until 1955 stood several miles upstream from the local 1905-06 hydroelectric dam upon which Carl also worked. In 1885, Carl married Miss Ella/Ellen Hendrickson (1862-1891), a Swedish immigrant. Ella bore Carl four children but died of consumption at about 28 years. In 1908, Carl married Miss Anna Carlson (1876-1961), another Swedish immigrant, who bore Carl three more children: three sons. When Carl died in 1942, Anna and four of his seven children survived him: two sons from each marriage. In 1895, an auction was held to sell many of the buildings that then stood within the boundaries of the new Minnesota Interstate State Park. Carl, then a widower, bought a house in what we now call the lower park. That was the circa-1858 James A. Woolley family home that stood on lot 1 of Block 127 in the 1867 "School Land Addition" to Taylors Falls. Carl had the Woolley house moved to about where is now the park sticker stand on the west side of the upper park's parking lot. Twenty years later, in 1915, Carl and second wife Anna built a concession stand on one side of their house (the former Woolley house). Ten years later, in 1925, they built another concession stand on the other side of their house. The story was that Carl and Anna argued too much to both work in one stand, but it was just good business to expand their enterprise. Carl and Anna also often had summer guests stay in their home. One of those guests was an artist of regional note, Dewey Albinson, who in the 1930s spent several summers in Taylors Falls. After Carl died in 1942, Anna continued to rent out rooms and (with help) operate one of the concession stands. She did so until shortly before her passing in 1961. Delbert Longnecker and Mr. and Mrs. Marvin (Frances) Weller subsequently owned and operated Anna's concession stand and rented out rooms in the Woolley/Peterson house. In late-1968 the park purchased the Woolley/Peterson house, which was demolished and burned on Monday evening, April 28, 1969. Attached is an undated (circa-1940?) photograph of Anna and Carl "Park" Peterson in front of their home and concession stands. The view looks to the southwest. This photo appeared in the 1980 issue of The Dalles Visitor, courtesy of Mrs. Everett (Bernice) Peterson, daughter-in-law of Carl and Anna. – Jack P. Liljenberg
A reminder of why the expression 'logjam' is useful
Can anyone tell me about this little old house on the east side of Folsom Street between 1st and Walnut Streets?
Blast From The Past....LLoyd And Leland Rivard Along With Don & Dick Bartley.. Suzy Bartley, Kevin Rivard, Todd Rivard, Mary Palmer Rivard, Lisa Rivard
My great uncle, Albert Bartley, owned and operated a barber shop in Taylors Falls for many years after WWI. Would anyone happen to have a photo of his shop? Bonus points for a photo of Albert with his shop!! Thanks.