The Washington County Historical Society serves as a historical umbrella for the county's history organizations and acts as a community resource for individuals and organizations seeking historical information. The Society:
- operates two interpretive museums showcasing county heritage,
- provides educational programs to schools and to the public,
- assists researchers to document their own, county, and state history,
- provides expertise to help community groups conserve collections and produce exhibits,
- investigates and publishes county history,
-collects and preserves cultural artifacts and documents for future generations, and
- showcases county history through exhibits and displays throughout the county.
WCHS works with other community groups to facilitate local discussions on history and provide advertising and networking for each other's projects. The ultimate goal is to provide the opportunity for all county residents to learn about and enjoy their area's history and build a sense of community heritage.
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Washington County Historical Society posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.