Bundle the Mansion & Explore More Tour together and save!
Get your tickets today! http://ow.ly/6PMk50tAxG5
This historic 160-room Victorian mansion was built by Sarah Winchester, heiress to the Winchester Rifle fortune. The many oddities gave the house its name.
This historic, 5.5 million dollar, beautiful but bizarre, 160-room Victorian mansion was once the home of Sarah L. Winchester, heiress to the Winchester Rifle fortune. Under construction 24-hours a day for 38 years, the mansion has many mysteries inside. There are doors and windows that open onto walls; doors that open to a 10 foot drop into the gardens; stairs which go nowhere; and employees and guests have reported sightings. It is believed that after the death of her husband and daughter, Mrs. Winchester was convinced by a medium that continuous building would appease the evil spirits of those killed by the Winchester rifle, and help her attain eternal life. - Tours Daily - Historic Firearms Museum - Antique Products Museum - Flashlight Tours - San Jose Attraction
Bundle the Mansion & Explore More Tour together and save!
Get your tickets today! http://ow.ly/6PMk50tAxG5
Who is Aiden Sinclair? Watch his appearance on Penn & Teller Fool Us. Come see Aiden at the Winchester Mystery House this Summer!
Penn & Teller Fool Us - Unbelievable Act / Aiden Sinclair Best of Penn and Teller penn and teller fool us host penn and teller fool us cast penn and teller f...
Disney Legend and Imagineer Bob Gurr will be at the Winchester Mystery House on Wednesday, May 15th from 6-7:30PM to sign his new book: Life & Times - Disney and Beyond. Space is limited, and registration is required to attend! http://ow.ly/rnsE50u5pXq
Illusions of the Passed: A Theatrical Séance ft. Aiden Sinclair HorrorBuzz.com
Great news for séance fans! Winchester Mystery House is having a frightful series of events with magician Adam Sinclair! ILLUSIONS OF THE PASSED begins in June!
Just a few of the 2,000 doors at the Winchester Mystery House. What's behind them? 🚪🗝
Go behind these doors on the Explore More Tour! http://ow.ly/IuOj50rmYWi
What have you always wanted to know about the Winchester Mystery House?
Post your questions below and we'll feature the answers in a special post soon!
This week is National Travel & Tourism Week. Travel matters to our economy, new experiences, jobs, staying connected, health, hometown pride, and families! Where are you traveling this year? #TravelMatters #nttw19
Cross the Winchester Mystery House off your bucket list! http://ow.ly/Tt4S50tWZdR
One of our more popular residents. #NationalParanormalDay
What do you think - light reflection or something beyond?
Mysteries lay behind the curtains at the Winchester Mystery House 🕵
Winchester Mystery House – Tour Guide Job Description
Job Title: Tour Guide
FLSA Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt
Reports to: Tour Lead
Conduct tours through the Winchester Mystery House. Present a professional tour, following scripted information, in the allotted time specified. Perform light house-cleaning duties between tours. Provide an exceptional experience for both employees and guests.
· Administer tours through the Winchester Mystery House following scripted material.
· Tours are to be delivered within a 65-minute time frame for Mansion tours, and a 55-minute time frame for Behind the Scenes tours.
· All tours are to be given in a professional manner to groups of up to 30 individuals.
· Ability to accommodate the tour for a diverse group of people to accomplish the ideal tour time.
· A strong understanding of the layout of the house and grounds.
· Learn multiple tour scripts including but not limited to Mansion, Behind the Scenes, Candlelight, Flashlight and Christmas scripts.
· Ability to adapt to script or tour changes.
Maintenance of the Winchester Mystery House
· Perform light housekeeping tasks unassisted. Tasks include sweeping, dusting, dust mopping, cleaning windows, and vacuuming.
· Knowledge of the cleaning room, and the proper tools and chemicals used for each task.
Skills and Background
· Public speaking or acting preferred.
· Background and/or interest in history (history of San Jose preferred).
· Must be able to maintain a positive, cheerful disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
· Demonstrated ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
· Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
· Outstanding communication skills when working with all levels of the organization.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Ability to balance, multi-task and prioritize requests and still meet deadlines.
· Must be able to maintain a positive, calm disposition in a fast-paced environment and during demanding times.
· Must be solutions oriented.
· Maintain a flexible work schedule including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
· Theater, teaching, acting, or tourism experience is a plus.
· High school diploma or GED preferred.
Gift and Ticketing Cashier
San Jose, San Jose, CA, US
SUMMARY: Provide our Guests and employees with professional cashiering services with regards to accuracy, courtesy, presentation, appearance, cleanliness, safety, and efficiency. This is a non-supervisory, entry-level position and no previous experience is necessary.
COORDINATION: Work closely and professionally with the Gift Shop Manager, line leaders, and other departmental employees to provide our Guests with accurate and efficient cashiering and Guest Service.
BEHAVIORAL EXPECTATION: You must be courteous, polite, and pleasant to all people while serving our Guests in a prompt, attentive and thoughtful manner as well as work cordially with all managers, staff, and employees. You must be professional, honest, and fair in your dealings with yourself and others. Your positive attitude, good social graces, and proper manners are to be the hallmark of our business operation. Must maintain company confidentiality. Report to work well rested and ready for work and maintain a constant and regular on time job attendance. Protect the environment, health, safety, and security of all employees and Guests under your charge.
ESSENTIAL PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Approx. 60% of the time)
1. Sell merchandise and tickets following the proper cashiering guidelines with regards to cash handling, Guest Services, and merchandise presentation (unassisted).
2. Follow company, departmental, and station training and guidance with regards to policies and procedures (unassisted).
3. Be productive and effective with the use of your time.
4. Keep the work and prep areas clean, tidy, and organized.
5. Answer Guest and employee questions in a friendly, cordial, and accurate manner.
6. Weekly reading of The Happy Medium (newsletter) and other printed materials (memos, procedures, policies, and guidelines) as presented in the course of the job.
SECONDARY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Approx. 30% of the time)
1. Learn additional skills and related departmental information.
2. Price merchandise and prepare it for sale/display (unassisted).
3. Offer or suggest related items to compliment the Guest's purchase.
4. Watch for shoplifters and Guests who may need sales assistance
5. Periodic reading of the General Department Employees’ Guide and policy Manual (GEG/PM) and departmental/ area manual(s).
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Approx. 10% of the time)
Responsibilities of this position will include any other duties assigned by the Gift and Ticket Manager, and other Leaders or (Mobile One).
1. Properly identify, train, and enforce the use of the appropriate safety and personal protective equipment and procedures/rules for yourself and employees under your charge/supervision.
1. Secure the opening cash bank.
2. Set up the register drawer.
3. Vacuum the Gift Shop floor.
4. Dust Gift Shop shelves and counters.
5. Ring up Guest purchases, handle the money, and properly bag the merchandise.
6. Listen to Guest's ticket requests, issue tickets, ring up sale, and handle the money.
7. Answer the Guest's questions and give directions, if asked.
8. Price merchandise and ready it for display and sale.
9. Fold Tee Shirts, straighten clothing and toys, tidy messy display areas.
10. Make up picture book packets.
11. Secure merchandise from storage areas.
12. Straighten, tidy, and clean work areas.
13. Close registers, reconcile cash drawer, and complete necessary paperwork.
14. Watch for shoplifters and people needing assistance.
15. Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
DRESS CODE: Neat, clean, and professional uniform provided by the company. Compliance with the established appearance and grooming guidelines in the current employee manual.
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: You must be in good physical health and have the ability to work unassisted. You must also have the ability to walk, climb stairs, lift, stoop and bend, stand for up to 8 hours, lift 30 pounds, and be capable of working around dust and cleaning supplies. Adaptability to extreme temperature conditions; heat, cold, wind and dampness is required. You need good manual dexterity as well as the ability to multi-task. This job involves a normal amount of stress and the noise level for this work environment is usually normal.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to read written English and courteous, polite, and pleasant to all people in a prompt, attentive, and thoughtful manner. Must be professional, honest, and fair in your dealings with yourself and others. A positive attitude, social graces, proper manners, and a friendly smile are required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations
During the 36 years of constant construction, the Winchester Mystery House has taken many forms. What stands today has remained for the last 96 years!
How many times have you visited?
Is it Halloween yet? 🎃
All That's Interesting - Who Was Sarah Winchester?
She was one of the richest women in the world, but all that wealth could not resolve the guilt that followed her.
The Number 13: Common architectural occurrence, or something more to Sarah Winchester? Let us know your thoughts!
The view from our water-tower is the best water-tower view in the Bay 👍
Join us for the Second Annual Mother's Day Brunch at the Winchester Mystery House. Also, bottomless mimosas 🍹
Get your tickets soon! http://ow.ly/WbAH50ow6FB
The South Conservatory is ideal in Spring time 🐦🌷
See it for yourself on the Mansion Tour! Tickets available at https://winchestermysteryhouse.com/buy-tickets/
Thank you to everyone that came out for our first Annual Hoppening Egg Hunt. We received a larger turnout than expected, and we're sorry that some littles didn't get any eggs. This was our first year, and with all new events we learn how to do it better next time. We hope those that came enjoyed our gardens and other activities, and we will continue to host events that allow us to introduce Sarah Winchester's majestic home to the entire South Bay Community. Thank you for your continued support of this San Jose landmark.
Winchester Mystery House Bell Ringing
Today is the 113th anniversary of the 1906 Earthquake. To commemorate the day that forever changed Sarah Winchester and the Bay Area, we will be live at 1PM to ring the bell!
Read More: http://ow.ly/iFAx50qkcOf
Our very Steven Angel own caught a mysterious singing coming from the basement while closing. What do you think? Volume up 🔊#haunted #creepy #nothanks
Is there a method to the madness?
Share your thoughts in the comments! #winchestermysteryhouse
Not your typical house 😮
Come see Sarah Winchester's beautiful but bizarre home. Tickets available at http://ow.ly/bAIC50ow6Az
He's back! Aiden Sinclair returns to the Winchester Mystery House this Summer for Illusions of the Passed: A Theatrical Seance.
Get your tickets today! http://ow.ly/kPpe50q1dFD
It's the little things that matter most.
Share your best Winchester Mystery House pictures with #winchestermysteryhouse
Good luck to the San Jose Sharks in their quest for Lord Stanley's Cup! Go Sharks!
Wear your San Jose Sharks gear and save 10% on Mansion Tour ticket. Go Sharks!
It's all in the details, and we have a lot of them 🔎
Read more about stained glass here - http://ow.ly/6H0i50nLZrq
Please help us increase our holiday offerings by responding to this one-question survey! http://ow.ly/bHzX50pz96a
Bet you can't guess how many lamps are on the ballroom chandelier 🤔
See it for yourself! http://ow.ly/iFlE50p8REg
With as many unanswered questions as there are windows in the house, Sarah Winchester's colossal mansion remains a mystery to us all.
What is now rung only twice a year, the bell tower was reportedly heard at 12AM and 2AM when Sarah Winchester was alive. Have you been lucky enough to hear it ring?
Join the spirited team at the Winchester Mystery House. We're now accepting applications for a number of positions!
Apply online or onsite today!
Beautiful and bizarre.
Come see the Winchester Mystery House! Tickets available at http://ow.ly/fiFC50ow4Sc
Spring time at the Winchester Mystery House is a beautiful time to walk through the gardens and see the thousands of blossoming plants and trees!
Happy Friday! What are you doing this weekend?
Come tour the strangest house in the world! Get your tickets today http://ow.ly/lwH050oogtH
The Grand Ballroom is one of the most iconic rooms in the Winchester Mystery House. What is your favorite room?
Get your tickets and see it for yourself at http://ow.ly/Uet950mDkV2
Experience the History & Lore of the Winchester Mystery House VIVA GLAM MAGAZINE
Interview with Janan Boehme, the Historian at the Winchester Mystery House Holding many accounts of both historical and paranormal lore, the Winchester Mystery House is perhaps the most famous house in America. It is both beautiful and bizarre. The mansion was built by Sarah Winchester, the heiress....
Come celebrate Mother's Day at the Winchester Mystery House with brunch, and bottomless mimosas 🍹
Tickets available at http://ow.ly/xywE50o6LBY
At an income of $1000 per day, Sarah Winchester had to save an entire day and a half in order to purchase the Most Expensive Window at the Winchester Mystery House!
Read more about Mrs. Winchester's stained glass collection here - http://ow.ly/UmnQ50mDm6f
Planning your next vacation? Visit San Jose. Here are 10 reasons why San Jose should be your next vacation spot.
From sun and fun to shopping and bar-hopping, San Jose has more of what you're looking for to satisfy all of your travel cravings.
The New York Times What's on TV: Have you seen Winchester - Movie yet? http://ow.ly/tpVM50nFGxs
525 S Winchester Blvd
San Jose, CA
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when Winchester Mystery House posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.
Send a message to Winchester Mystery House: