In honor of the new pedestrian and bicycle bridge over the White Clay Creek on Paper Mill Road (near Timothy's Restaurant) installed in the early hours of 11/7/2021, we would like to share some photos of the old covered bridge in the same location. This bridge was built in 1861 as a replacement for a bridge built in 1817 when the mill was owned by Thomas Meeter. In 1949, the covered bridge was replaced with a modern concrete bridge capable of handling an increasing number of automobiles and trucks. Photos courtesy of Mary Torbey. Text courtesy of Theresa Hessey's book: Photographs from the Newark Historical Society.