We post about 3D printing pretty often, so let's go back in time to talk about the first 3D printer for commercial sale and use!
It started with inventor Chuck Hull ⬇️
- 1983: Hull created the first-ever 3D printed part, inventing stereolithography
- 1984: Hull filed his patent for Stereolithography Apparatus (SLA)
- 1986: Hull founded @3dsystems, the first 3D printing company in the world
- 1987: 3D Systems commercialized the SLA-1 Stereolithography (SLA) printer
- 2016: 3D Systems' SLA-1 printer was honored as an #ASMELandmark
Since then, 3D printing has expanded into almost every industry, changing the way that we create and innovate.