The Norman E. Borlaug Hall of Laureates - home of The World Food Prize - is a public museum, educational facility and place of inspiration for all Iowans. It is a magnificent setting where visitors can explore the awe-inspiring stories of some of Iowa’s greatest heroes, as well as the achievements of world-renowned scientists and leaders who are helping to feed the world.
More than 100 pieces of specially commissioned artwork tell the stories of heroes such as Dr. Norman E. Borlaug, founder of the World Food Prize, as well as the 35 World Food Prize Laureates. Features within the building also showcase the history of agriculture.
The World Food Prize Hall of Laureates serves as:
- a world-class museum to recognize great achievements in agriculture and fighting hunger;
- a convocation center at which to hold events during the World Food Prize International Symposium -- the Borlaug Dialogue;
- a home for the expanding Global Youth Institute, which aims to inspire the next generation of leaders;
- an educational facility featuring interactive displays on hunger and food security;
- and a conference center and event space available to other groups and organizations for their meetings and other activities.
This magnificently restored Beaux Arts space celebrates the spirit of giving, emphasizing the importance of global food security. Dr. Borlaug is honored for his role as the Father of the Green Revolution and the man who has saved more than one billion lives with his innovations in agriculture. The building also pays tribute to the World Food Prize Laureates and Iowa’s agricultural and humanitarian pioneers, for their significant contributions to the global fight against hunger and helping to feed the world and improve the lives of others.
- Tuesdays: Guided Tours are given at 9 a.m., 10:30 a.m., Noon and 1:30 p.m.
- Saturdays: Self-Guided Tours, 9 a.m.-1 p.m. Docents available to talk with visitors.
- Sundays: Self-Guided Tours, Noon-3 p.m. Docents available to talk with visitors.
Pre-Booked Tour Groups:
Wednesdays and Thursdays have been reserved for group tours scheduled 10 business days in advance:
- Wednesdays: Tours available 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Please schedule in advance.
- Thursdays: Tours available 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Please schedule in advance.
To schedule a tour, please contact Nicole Barreca, 515-245-3735. More details, including photos and videos of the World Food Prize Hall of Laureates, are available at www.worldfoodprize.org/hall.
Also check out The World Food Prize Foundation page: https://www.facebook.com/theworldfoodprize
Be the first to know and let us send you an email when World Food Prize Hall of Laureates posts news and promotions. Your email address will not be used for any other purpose, and you can unsubscribe at any time.