This week we are out in Cooks Valley for Vale School, District #4 and later Jt #3. The school started before 1888 on the corner of Cty C and 60th St. At one time, Hwy 40 used to turn on that corner before being moved west and given a sweeping curve instead of a sharp 90 degree turn. Last time it showed up in the plats was 1943, not there in 1954. Not sure what happened to this one after closing, even the folks at St Johns couldn't help out. The students would have gone to Bloomer and Colfax schools after it shut down.