Did you know, German physician, Michael Maier, sent the first recorded christmas card to James I way back in 1611? 🎅🎄
Our freelancer Lauren and the Story Box has been getting crafty one final time for our family Saturdays online. Check out our video and find out how to make your very own 3D Tree Christmas Card! ✂😁
What you'll need:
A4 Card (folded in half)
Felt Tip Pens.
1. Draw a seasonal greeting and picture on the front of your A4 Card. We've gone for a winter scene at the museum but you can draw anything you like!
2. Open your card and draw a tree in the middle.
3. Measure your green paper against the tree to cut three strips the same width as the tree at the bottom, middle and top.
4. Concertina your first piece of paper, folding it backwards and forwards.
5. Glue along one outside edge of your concertina and fold it in half so that it opens up into a fan like shape.
6. Close your concertina up and trim the outside corner to a point.
7. Repeat stages 4, 5 and 6 for your other strips of green paper.
8. Glue along the outside edges and put it in your card. When your card opens, your concertinas should fan outwards!
That's it, all finished! Now write a lovely message and give it to a friend or family member! 😄🎄