We hold permanent records created by Federal agencies and courts for New Jersey, New York, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We are free and open to the public.
Visit our website at www.archives.gov/nyc .
For a complete directory of all the National Archives Facebook accounts, please visit http://www.archives.gov/social-media/facebook.html.
View our Facebook comment policy on the National Archives website at http://www.archives.gov/social-media/facebook-comment-policy.html.
The U.S. National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) manages this Facebook fan page as a portal for information from the U.S. National Archives and Records Administration. However, information posted here is not official policy of NARA and will in no way grant anyone any rights, privileges, or standing on any matter. All information should be verified through official channels at NARA. For contact information at NARA, please check http://www.archives.gov/.
Facebook Comment Policy:
You are encouraged to share your comments, ideas, and concerns. Please be aware of the following policies for the National Archives' Facebook fan page:
• NARA will only post comments from users over 13 years of age that relate to topics on the specific fan page subject matter.
• NARA will delete comments that contain abusive, vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language, personal attacks of any kind, or offensive terms that target specific individuals or groups.
• NARA will delete comments that are clearly off-topic, that promote services or products, or that promote or oppose any political party, person campaigning for elected office, or any ballot proposition.
• Gratuitous links to sites are viewed as spam and may result in the comment being removed.
• Communications made via the Facebook fan page will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the NARA or any official or employee of NARA for any purpose.
• The content of all comments is immediately released into the public domain, so do not submit anything you do not wish to be broadcast to the general public.
• Do not post personally identifiable information such as social security numbers, addresses and telephone numbers. Comments containing this information will be removed from the Facebook fan page wall.
• NARA does not discriminate against any views, but reserves the right to remove posted comments that do not adhere to these standards.
Members of the media are asked to pose your questions to the NARA Public Affairs Office through their normal channels and to refrain from submitting questions here as comments. Media questions or comments will not be posted. NARA Public Affairs can be reached at 202-357-5300