Armin Landeck met prominent 20th century printmaker William Stanley Hayter in 1940 and was invited to his workshop Atelier 17, an enormously influential studio at the centre of modern printmaking. There Landeck learned engraving and etching processes, which would later become his preferred method of working.
This is one of a number of works by Armin Landeck that were donated to the museum in 2003 by the family of the artist . The museum is always grateful for gifts of artwork from the community.
"Delmonico’s Roof" (large plate), 1960, copper engraving