Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens
Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens, located in Akron, Ohio, is the former home of F.A. Seiberling, the co-founder of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company, and his family. Completed in 1915, it is one of the most important remaining examples of an American Country Estate built by the wealth created during the Industrial Age at the turn of the twentieth century, when the emergence of modern Americamade Akron the “Rubber Capital of the World.”Since 1957, it has been a historic house museum, open for public tours.
The estate is open 10am-6pm (last entry, 4:30pm) for tours, Tues.-Sun. from April - December; the estate is closed to the public on Mondays, except on Memorial Day and Labor Day, when regular operating hours are in effect. There are also many special events (times may vary) throughout the season, including the annual Easter Egg Hunt, two vintage car shows, a fall artisan craft fair, and Deck the Hall, our holiday event featuring more than one million Christmas lights inside the Manor House and outside in historic gardens and grounds. In addition to the 64,500 sq. foot, 65-room Manor House, the estate includes a conservatory and more than 70 acres of artfully landscaped grounds. It is Akron’s oldest National Historic Landmark and is accredited by the American Alliance of Museums.