Palazzo Barbaro

The Palazzi Barbaro — also known as Palazzo Barbaro, Ca' Barbaro, and Palazzo Barbaro-Curtis — are a pair of adjoining palaces, in the San Marco district of Venice, northern Italy. They were formerly one of the homes of the patrician Barbaro family. The Palazzi are located on the Grand Canal of Venice, next to the Palazzo Cavalli-Franchetti and not far from the Ponte dell'Accademia. The buildings are also known as the Palazzo Barbaro-Curtis. It is one of the least altered of the Gothic palaces of Venice.HistoryThe first of the two palaces is in the Venetian Gothic style and was built in 1425 by Giovanni Bon, one of Venice's master stonemasons. It belonged to Piero Spiera in the early 15th century, passing though several hands before being acquired by Zaccaria Barbaro, Procurator of San Marco in 1465.The second structure was executed in the Baroque style and was designed in 1694 by Antonio Gaspari, one of the finest architects of the 17th century This building was originally two stories and belonged to the Tagliapietra family. In the 16th century, they gave the Barbaro family permission to build on top.

Indirizzo

San Marco 2840
Venice
30124

Notifiche

Lasciando la tua email puoi essere il primo a sapere quando Palazzo Barbaro pubblica notizie e promozioni. Il tuo indirizzo email non verrà utilizzato per nessun altro scopo e potrai annullare l'iscrizione in qualsiasi momento.

Scelte rapide

Digitare

Musei nelle vicinanze


Altro Musei Venice

Vedi Tutte