Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia

The Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia is a public tertiary academy of art in Venice, Italy.HistoryThe Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia was founded on 24 September 1750; the statute dates from 1756. The first director was Giovanni Battista Piazzetta; Gianbattista Tiepolo became the first president after his return from Würzburg. The academy was at first housed in a room on the upper floor of the Fonteghetto della Farina, a flour warehouse and market on the Grand Canal, close to Piazza San Marco. The space was insufficient, and students and teachers had to contend with the noise and dust of the market, which also occupied the first floor of the building.Antonio Canova studied at the academy in the 1770s.In 1807, the academy was re-founded by Napoleonic decree. The name was changed from Veneta Academia di Pittura, Scultura e Architettura to Accademia Reale di Belle Arti, "royal academy of fine arts", and the academy was moved to premises in the Palladian complex of the Scuola della Carità.In 1879, the Accademia di Belle Arti and the Gallerie dell'Accademia became administratively separate, but continued to share the same buildings until 2004, when the art school moved to the Ospedale degli Incurabili. Like other state art academies in Italy, it became an autonomous degree-awarding institution under law no. 508 dated 21 December 1999, and falls under the Ministero dell'Istruzione, dell'Universita e della Ricerca, the Italian ministry of education and research.

Indirizzo

Dorsoduro, 423
Venice
30123

Notifiche

Lasciando la tua email puoi essere il primo a sapere quando Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia pubblica notizie e promozioni. Il tuo indirizzo email non verrà utilizzato per nessun altro scopo e potrai annullare l'iscrizione in qualsiasi momento.

Contatta Il Museo

Invia un messaggio a Accademia di Belle Arti di Venezia:

Musei nelle vicinanze


Altro Venice musei

Vedi Tutte