This page is administered by Henry Harper. Email: [email protected]
Invite to Join the RPOAS Lanarkshire Branch.
Whether retiring completely or continuing in employment, join us, you won’t regret it.
It gives me great pleasure to invite you to make application for membership of the RPOAS Lanarkshire Branch and join the increasing ‘Band of Brothers/Sisters', currently standing at 800 members locally and over 6,400 colleagues nationally. A rank free association dedicated to looking after your welfare and interests.
You only pay a one-off fee of £10 to register, then nothing else to pay until October 2021, when it is £10 annually, great value for money. Further details are on the registration form, which I’ll send in a separate email.
I would like as many retired officers as possible to be part of the Lanarkshire Branch, the more the merrier as it enhances membership for everyone, so spread the word.
I believe the RPOAS is one of the last means of maintaining contact with all our contemporaries and it is in all our best interests to ensure every officer is a part of it.
Here’s the sales pitch: -
The Scottish Police Service has many fine traditions and an outstanding reputation which extends beyond the efficient and professional approach to police duties into pride, welfare, camaraderie and a sense of belonging. These traits undoubtedly remain with you in retirement.
The RPOAS Lanarkshire Branch helps you to rekindle these passions, enhance your life in retirement and ensure that you remain part of the police family.
Membership allows you to: -
• take advantage of organised functions and events;
• keep abreast of policing and pension developments;
• access the members area of the website: - http://www.rpoas.org.uk/
• access the new page: - www.facebook.com/rpoas.lanarkshire
• obtain employment opportunities;
• access holiday offers;
• access preferential travel insurance;
• join the RPOAS lottery;
• access offers and discounted services;
• view/place small adverts;
• access welfare information;
• view obituaries, and learn of funeral arrangements of dearly departed colleagues;
• ensure there is a support mechanism in place for your Spouse, Domestic Partner or immediate dependants upon a member’s demise or incapacity;
• access useful links to police related sites and employment agencies;
• contact your friendly and helpful secretary for advice or assistance.
The RPOAS news magazine is issued to members bi-annually, by email and postal delivery if required, free of charge, and is packed full of interesting pictures, stories, reviews etc. and is well worth the read. Why not contribute your own stories or items of interest. I will email you the latest copy in a separate email for your perusal.
You can also order a RPOAS Diary 2021, if you use one, again free of charge.
All this for only £10 a year, less than a £1 a month, well worth it.
Once a member there is no pressure on you to become involved in any of the events or functions, the choice is entirely yours. However, it never ceases to amaze how members of our police family can re-unite after years without contact and within minutes converse like they had never been apart – happy days.
Please help to recruit other colleagues, spread the word, they’ll thank you for it, the more the merrier.
I look forward to receiving your registration form to join the RPOAS and welcoming you to the Lanarkshire Branch.
Why not check-out our page at: www.facebook.com/rpoas.lanarkshire
Wishing you and yours health, wealth and happiness.
Henry Harper, Secretary & Treasurer, RPOAS Lanarkshire. Email: [email protected]